Friday, September 28, 2012

Technology Integration PD through Edmodo

Starting next month, I will be facilitating a new course for teachers centered around Technology Integration.  If you are a loyal reader of my blog, thanks Mom, then you know that the blended learning course I offered this summer ran through Moodle.  I chose to switch this course to Edmodo for a few reasons:
1) I wanted to introduce my teachers to another Course Management Tool.
2) Edmodo is FREE.
3) Edmodo is easy to use for teachers and for elementary students.
4) Integration with Google Docs

Here you can see my Edmodo Home page.  It reads like a social networking site with simple controls for uploading files, creating assignments, and sharing assignments and ideas.


Below is my library where I upload files and links that I would like to share with my class.  You will notice on the left side of the image that I have created files to easily organize materials to share with my class.

We will begin our venture into using Edmodo for our class starting in October.  Check back here to see how it goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment